This mosaic is in a doorway alongside the Norfolk Museums Service Shire Hall offices in Market Avenue (on the east side of The Castle Museum). The building is dated 1907. On the inside, the floor of the entrance hall is covered in mosaic, with a shield bearing a lion and crests of the Prince of Wales (feathers and motto "Ich Dien"). The border (below) repeats the motif from the porch, together with a selection of other designs. The interior mosaics can at present only be viewed by appointment.
©2001-8 All pictures and text are copyright
the joy of shards Mosaics Resource