These medieval floor tiles are from Tavistock Abbey. There were unearthed in Bedford Square in 1914 and were originally kept in place alongside remains of the abbey. In the 1970s they were cleaned up and moved to be displayed in the parish church.
The church also has a stained glass window by William Morris (see below).
back to list (tiles and mosaics in the west of England)